Many parents think it’s just a matter of habit for their children to watch TV when they eat. It’s not too late for them to change when they are too young. In fact, there are many disadvantages in watching TV while eating. So what should parents do? About baby always watching TV while eating, come to see how to correct it!
How to watch TV while eating
1. Affect the digestion of food and the absorption of nutrition
When people eat, they need digestive fluid and blood to help the gastrointestinal digest food. When you watch TV at dinner, your brain also needs a lot of blood. In this way, they compete for blood supply. As a result, if you can’t get enough blood from both sides, you won’t be able to eat well and watch TV well. For a long time, dizziness and dizziness will occur.
2. Easy to affect appetite
In addition to physiological factors that can cause appetite, external factors can also enhance appetite through conditioned reflex. While eating and watching TV, people tend to focus on TV, ignoring the taste of food, so that the appetite that has already appeared is reduced or disappeared due to the inhibition of TV, and malnutrition will appear over time.
3. Easy to eat too much food
It’s easy to watch TV while eating, but it’s easy to eat too much food unconsciously. During dinner, most of the TV shows are cartoons. Many children have formed the habit of watching TV when they eat. But U.S. medical experts say doing so can have a negative impact on children’s weight.
1. Don’t watch TV while eating at home. It’s better to watch TV 20-30 minutes after dinner. If you have to watch TV, when you choose TV programs, watch less or no programs that stimulate your emotions.
2. Experts have pointed out that children in this family tend to eat more high salt food and carbonated drinks, but less fruits and vegetables. To this end, experts put forward a number of solutions, one of which is “it’s best to turn off the TV when eating.”.
● what are the adverse effects of watching TV on babies?
1. It is not conducive to the development of the baby’s vision. The baby’s eyes are still developing, and the vision is not perfect. The constantly flashing TV spots will cause abnormal refraction, strabismus, and esotropia, especially the damage caused by the close large TV screen.
2. When watching TV, the electromagnetic wave emitted by TV is harmful to baby’s health.
3. The rapid change of TV picture will cause attention disorder, which will make it difficult for children to focus on something.
4. Watching TV is a passive experience, which will lead to the formation of a kind of brain activity mode of lack of vitality, which is directly related to the dullness of intellectual activities Most of the time between supper and bedtime is an important time for parents to raise their children. It is also a time for parents and children to have fun and strengthen communication. For example, letting children watch TV with their parents will deprive this opportunity, reduce the time for early education, and have adverse effects on their physical and mental development.
How to guide your baby to watch TV correctly
Now most children like watching TV, and they can watch it for half a day or even a day. When they are fascinated by it, they can’t hear anything. How to let children walk away from the TV has become a problem for many parents this summer vacation.
Parents may as well take their baby outdoors to absorb fresh air if they have time, so as to avoid long-term addiction to TV at home. If the baby really wants to watch TV at home, what can parents do to guide them correctly? Here are six taboos about watching TV for the baby. For the sake of the baby’s health, especially vision, none of these eight taboos can be broken.
1. Avoid too long time: children are in a period of rapid physical and mental development. Watching TV for a long time every day is easy to cause fatigue of their nervous system and body, affect the healthy development of their body and mind, and affect the normal progress of other activities such as learning. It is better for preschool children to watch TV within 40 minutes every day.
2. Avoid too close distance: preschoolers always prefer to sit in front when watching TV. In this way, under the long-term stimulation of the strong light emitted by the screen, children’s eyes are not only easy to reduce the visual acuity and adaptability of children, but also easy to cause the reduction of the ciliary muscle regulation function of the eye, the lens gradually becomes convex, leading to myopia. Generally speaking, when watching TV, it is advisable to place the child’s seat 2.5-4 meters away from the TV.
3. Avoid excessive volume: when preschoolers watch TV for a long time, under the stimulation of high volume, it is not only easy to reduce the sense of hearing, form bad hearing habits, but also easy to reduce the sense of vision. On the contrary, using a relatively small volume can greatly promote the development of children’s hearing, vision and attention.
4. Avoid too dark light: when watching TV, the indoor light is too dark, which will affect the development of children’s visual function and also easily lead to myopia. When you watch TV with your child at night, do not turn off all the lights. Install a small red light behind the TV to protect your eyesight.
5. Avoid incorrect sitting posture: when children watch TV, they are inclined to sit, such as leaning on the quilt, lying in the arms of their parents, which are easy to deform and bend the children’s unformed spine, and form bad sitting habits.
6. Don’t watch after meals: children watch TV after meals, which is easy to shift their brain excitation center, focus on TV content, form stagnation of digestive secretion and food deposition, and affect gastrointestinal digestion. After dinner, it’s better to let the child have a little activity before watching TV.
7. Avoid eating and watching at the same time: children eat or candy, melon seeds while watching TV. The food in their mouths is often not chewed enough, which is easy to increase the digestion burden of children and affect the digestion function. In the long run, it is easy to form the bad habit of eating snacks.
8. Don’t watch the contents of martial arts and murders: preschool children often watch martial arts and murders, which is not only easy to make their children in a state of tension and fear for a long time, but also easy to cause their curiosity and imitation, leading to the improvement of their adaptability to bad social phenomena such as fights and fights. Attack and risk-taking increased.
For young children, eating is an instinct, but it is a thing to learn, because eating is not just a process of taking nutrients, but also a process of learning to chew, to use tableware, to enjoy delicious food and to learn table manners. Therefore, when the child is still in the period of learning to eat, it is best to help him cultivate the habit of focusing on eating. If you have any questions about children’s home-based knowledge such as electric shock prevention, please continue to pay attention to Baibai safety net children’s electric shock prevention common sense column.