How often does the baby take a bath? How should the baby’s bath water be put? These seemingly simple common sense problems really bother mothers, especially novice mothers. It is also reported that the baby has an accident due to improper bathing, or the weather is cold, helping the baby to take a shower and catch a cold. All mothers are at a loss. Next, let’s learn about baby’s winter bath and precautions!
(I) preparation before bathing
1. Time requirements: in cold winter, if there is any condition, it is better to wash it once a day; if there is no condition, it is better to wash it once a week, and use warm water to wash it every day. The time of each bath should be between two times of feeding milk to avoid excessive hunger before feeding and overflow after bathing. For babies who don’t sleep well, they can wash them before going to bed at night, which will make their sleep stable.
2. Bathroom environment requirements: suitable bathroom environment is very important for the whole bathing process.
(1) avoid convection wind;
(2) the room temperature should be 26-28 ℃, if it is a newborn, the room temperature should be 27-29 ℃. If the room temperature is not enough, you can use an electric heater or electric heater to increase the temperature; to prevent the floor from slippery, you can place a water-resistant stepping pad;
(3) soft light and light music can increase the pleasant bathing atmosphere, and the baby will enjoy the bathing process more.
3. Water temperature requirements: the water temperature should be 39-41 ℃. Put cold water first, then hot water for debugging. It is better to use a thermometer to measure the temperature accurately. If you don’t have the conditions, you can use adult elbow skin test. It’s better not to burn it.
4. Items to be prepared before bathing: bathtub, bath towel, baby shampoo, bath gel, moistening lotion, moistening oil; water thermometer, clean clothes, diapers, 75% alcohol, disinfection cotton swab.
(II) steps in bathing
1. Take off the clothes and diapers for the baby, and quickly wrap the bath towel to prevent the clothes from freezing. Adults gently clamp the baby with their left arm and body, hold the baby’s head with their left hand, and press the auricle forward from the back of the ear with their left thumb and middle finger, so as to fold it back slightly, so as to cover the ears and prevent the bath water from entering the ears.
2. Wash face and head first. Moisten a special face washing towel, wash the baby’s eyes with its two small corners respectively, and gently wipe it from the inside of the corners of the eyes; clean the nose, mouth and face with one side of the towel; clean the other two corners of the towel, respectively, two ears, auricles and behind the ears. Wash the head with a little shampoo, massage the scalp, rinse with water, and then dry with a small towel.
3. Remove the bath towel, hold the baby’s left arm with the mother’s left hand, and let the baby’s head rest on the left arm; wet the baby’s upper body with water, dip the right hand in a little shower gel (or adjust according to the use method of the shower gel) with a small towel for face washing, and let the baby’s head slightly recline, and then clean the neck, chest, armpit, abdomen, upper and lower arm, and palm. Pay attention to the cleaning of the skin wrinkles, then rinse the foam with clean water.
4. Dip a little bath solution into the small towel for hip washing to clean the baby’s groin and pudenda. Change the right hand to hold the baby’s left arm, let the baby lie on the right arm, wash the back, buttocks, legs, feet.
5. Rinse the baby’s whole body with water again, take the baby out of the tub, dry the whole body with a large bath towel, put the baby on the bed or table with clean sheets, cover the quilt, and prepare for post bath care.
The whole bathing time is 5-10 minutes. The bathing time should not be too long to prevent the baby from catching cold due to the decrease of water temperature.
(III) post bath care
1. Skin care: apply moisturizer or cream to wrinkles, neck, armpit, elbow and groin, and apply it all over in dry winter. The baby with eczema should apply baby care cream to the eczema area, and then put on clothes to prevent the baby from catching cold.
2. Eye care: gently massage around the baby’s eyes with your hands, which is conducive to the development of eye muscles and the unobstructed lacrimal sac tube.
3. Ear, nose and mouth care: try to avoid water flowing into the baby’s ear, nose and mouth during bathing. Check whether there is secretion in the ear hole. If there is, remove it gently with a cotton swab and ask the otologist for a detailed examination. If there is a nasal scab in the nostril that affects breathing, dip a cotton swab in warm boiled water and wipe it gently. When the dry scab becomes soft, gently massage both sides of the nose wing, and the nasal scab will be discharged automatically.
4. Umbilical care: the umbilical cord of the newborn will fall off naturally in 7-10 days. Before falling off, lift the umbilical cord stump and clean the root with 75% alcohol. After the umbilical cord falls off, there will be a little mucus or bloodstain, and 75% alcohol will be used for disinfection until it is dry.
&Nbsp; master every step and detail of bathing to make baby like bathing. In addition, carefully check your baby’s fingernails and toenails. If they are too long, you can cut them properly to prevent scratching yourself. If you have any questions about children’s health habits and other home-based knowledge, please continue to pay attention to Baibai safety net children’s personal health and safety common sense column.