In order to enrich children’s after-school life, watching movies has become a choice for many parents. However, while enjoying watching movies, parents are worried that their children will not be able to bear watching more 3D movies. Therefore, children should watch 3D movies by age, not at will! That is to say, there are two stages: one is before the age of 6 – watching 3D movies as little as possible; the other is children between the ages of 6 and 12 – watching selectively.
There are three reasons to watch 3D movies carefully
1. The eyes of children before the age of 6 are still developing, including the eye muscles, eyeballs, and the refractive system of the eyes, which are not fully shaped and fragile. When watching 3D movies, due to the special animation effect of 3D, it is necessary for both eyes to fuse the images they see into one, while the images they see are far and near different. Only when they are fused together can they form a three-dimensional image. For children before the age of 6, their fusion function and three-dimensional function are not perfect, and they watch 3D movies for a long time without stopping The adjustment and fusion of the eyes are easy to cause eye fatigue. Often watching 3D movies makes the eyes over tired for a long time, which can induce pseudomyopia, and then lead to myopia in children.
2. Before the age of 6, there are some children with ametropia, including hyperopia, myopia and astigmatism. Such children need to add a pair of glasses to their glasses when they watch 3D movies. The combination of two glasses increases the difficulty of seeing things, and is also a factor easy to cause fatigue.
3. The specifications and price level of 3D glasses are different. What kind of lenses are qualified? At present, there is no unified standard in China. In addition, there is no unified standard for disinfection and sanitation treatment of 3D glasses. There are many places that are not even disinfected, and they are used in a recycling way, so wearing them is very easy to infect germs. We often see patients with eyelid inflammation after watching 3D film the day before in the outpatient department, so it is not recommended from a health point of view. The environment for watching 3D movies is relatively dark, and the pupil will be dilated in the dark. When dilated, it is easy to induce the acute attack of glaucoma for a part of people who have the basic diseases of glaucoma and the anatomical structure of glaucoma, which is manifested as eye pain, headache, and severe nausea and vomiting.
For young children, cognitive ability and psychological endurance are not very good. 3D movies are too real and lifelike. There may be some scary and frightening pictures, which will have a certain impact on children’s psychological development. Therefore, we suggest that parents should choose appropriate movies for children to watch.
For the child with congenital strabismus, he does not see at the same time, has no fusion and three-dimensional function at all. Such a child cannot see the difference between 3D movies and ordinary movies. Some children will have a thick three-dimensional sense, and he will work hard to see. In this way, the child will have headache, nausea, vomiting and other discomfort over a long period of time. If this happens, the parents should take the child to the hospital in time.
Four suggestions for watching 3D movies
1. Watch 3D at home and take a 30 minute rest.
If you watch a 3D movie or TV at home, you should first buy a formal manufacturer and qualified 3D glasses. In addition, you should not choose too fierce ones, not too noisy sound. You should choose movies with slightly soft image content, such as cartoons suitable for children to watch. You should stop for a rest every 30 minutes.
2. Don’t watch for more than two hours in a movie theater.
If you watch a 3D movie in the cinema, do not watch it for more than two hours in a row, which will aggravate your eyestrain. When you watch the movie, parents should always interact with your child and ask if there is discomfort, nausea, vomiting and other phenomena. In case of discomfort, stop watching immediately.
3. Choose the middle and rear seats.
When watching 3D movies, people’s eyes will constantly adjust to adapt to the content on the screen, so it is very easy to cause visual fatigue. When watching 3D movies, school-age children should not sit too far in front of each other. They should choose the middle and rear positions, and let their eyes rest after watching for some time. Parents should also teach their children to blink consciously when watching the film to relieve eye fatigue.
IV. disinfect 3D glasses.
Before parents wear them to their children, it’s best to use alcohol masks or disinfectant paper towels to repeatedly wipe 3D glasses, and then wear them after drying. After going home, wash the child’s face and hands carefully. Do not rub the eyes repeatedly with your hands to reduce the risk of infection.
The eyes are the window of the heart. It’s very important for teenagers to protect their eyes! Parents should pay attention to their children’s eye health while taking care of their children’s eyes! If you want to know more about electric shock prevention for children at home, please continue to pay attention to the recent update of Baibai safety net.