The comprehensive contact of the baby’s skin and water can improve the skin’s tactile ability and perception of temperature and pressure, which is very beneficial to improve the baby’s adaptability to the environment. But will you bathe the baby? Do you choose bathing products for babies? Let’s have a look!
How to bathe a baby?
1. Parents should clean their hands, then use soft towels to gently scrub the baby’s face (do not rub it), wash the ears, and use cotton balls to scrub the ears, eyes and nostrils respectively.
2. Take off the clothes for the children, wipe the hips to avoid soiling the bath water, and then put some bath soap on the children. Then, gently put him in the water with appropriate temperature, and wash the soap off his body with his hand.
3. After washing, take the child out of the water, immediately put on a dry and soft bath towel, dry the water gently and carefully, especially pay attention to the places with wrinkles, such as ears, neck, armpit, navel, external * * device, and between feet and fingers.
4. Put some prickly ash powder on the baby’s body, and put on the prepared clean clothes for the baby.
2. Preparations before bathing
The first thing to do is to prepare all the articles needed for bathing. For example, disinfect the umbilical cord (before the umbilical cord of the newborn is dropped), pre changed baby bags, clothes, diapers, small towels, large bath towels, bathtubs, cold water, hot water, baby powder, etc. At the same time, check your fingernails to avoid scratching your baby, and then wash your hands with soap.
The new baby is delicate. He has just left the most stable mother’s womb, so he has to carefully imagine an ideal environment and suitable temperature for him. It is better to keep the room temperature between 26-28 ℃ which is the most comfortable, and the water temperature is about 37-42 ℃. Pour cold water into the basin first, then heat the water, and then try with your wrist or elbow to make the water temperature just right.
It’s worth noting that when bathing, you should avoid the frontal blow of gust to prevent cold sickness. Bathing time should be arranged 1-2 hours after breast-feeding, otherwise it is easy to cause vomiting.
III. selection of bath and bath products for infants
1. neutral detergent with no fragrance and soap free is the best.
The baby’s skin is quite sensitive (especially scalp), and it is easy to be allergic to chemical composition, flavor and flavor components, especially the chemical synthesis of the interface activator, because it is strong in removing fat, and it will cause damage to hair follicles and affect the healthy growth of hair for a long time. Department of dermatology experts suggest that mothers should not only pay attention to “fragrance” while choosing cleaning products for infants and young children, but choose neutral cleaning products without fragrance or soap, so that they will not burden children’s skin.
2. Please avoid the ingredients that are easy to make the baby’s scalp allergic
Here are several chemical ingredients that are often added to shampoo. Infants should avoid using shampoo or bath cleaning products containing the following ingredients as much as possible.
3. Chemical active interface agent
Warm tip: when bathing the baby, adults can’t leave for a moment. It’s better to bathe the baby in the baby bathtub, first adjust the water temperature in the bathtub, and never add hot water in the bath process, so it’s easy to burn the baby. The common sense about what health habits children need to cultivate is still in the process of updating. Please continue to pay attention to this website!