According to the survey, many children can watch TV for several hours without their parents’ monitoring. Often the holidays are over, and the children are still immersed in the TV watching during the holidays, unable to enter the learning state. This is what I want to say in this article. It’s very dangerous for children to watch TV alone. Parents should pay attention to it!
Children should not be allowed to watch TV alone
Watching TV with your child is still acceptable. The most important thing is that your mother is busy nearby, leaving your child alone in front of the TV. It’s not a joke. Such children are likely to watch TV more than housewives in the future.
When grandparents take care of their children, they will also form a habit of watching TV. Nowadays, parents know the harm of TV, and generally don’t let their children watch TV for a long time. At least watch it for a while, and you will be less affected. But because the old people love their children too much, they will try to meet their children’s requirements, and they don’t pay enough attention to the harm of TV, so the time for children to watch TV will be prolonged.
It’s better not to let children under 2 years old watch TV. The American Academy of Pediatrics once formally advised: “it is absolutely not allowed to let children watch TV, especially children under 2 years old.”
The most important part of brain development is communication with the outside world. Children under 2 years old can fully receive external stimulation through walking, observation and touch. However, TV is a typical passive media that transmits information in one direction. Therefore, even if the content of the program is very educational, watching TV itself will inevitably hinder children’s language and intellectual development. Watching TV without restriction will make adults more and more lazy, and even worse for growing children. In addition, letting children watch TV also reduces the time to cultivate mother child attachment.
Attention should also be paid to educational programs
There was a period of time when the TV programs with the nature of early childhood education received high ratings. These programs are very attractive and children are willing to watch them, but there is no evidence that such programs are conducive to the development of children’s language and other abilities. Many mothers also asked me, “isn’t it good for children to develop intelligence through computer teaching software instead of watching TV?” there are not many studies in this field, but the existing research results have shown that its role is not obvious.
It is also not advisable for children who study English to watch English programs repeatedly. The development of language ability does not depend on the constant repetition of simple content, but must be based on thinking ability such as logical reasoning. Watching the same content over and over does not necessarily have a positive effect on children’s language skills.
Problems brought by TV
1. TV is a one-way way way to spread information. Watching TV often is not conducive to cultivating a correct way of communication.
2. At the same time of watching TV, children lose the chance to form attachment with their mother, which is not conducive to their emotional development.
3. The update speed of the TV picture is very fast, which constantly stimulates the children’s visual nerve. The intensity of stimulation is too high, which has a bad effect on children’s mood.
4. Because the child’s brain is still in the development stage of not being able to distinguish virtual and reality accurately, the child’s uneasiness and fear will last for quite a long time when he sees the bloody violence picture.
5. Children are good at imitating the pictures on TV. They don’t know the meaning of what they imitate, and they don’t know the good and bad. They are likely to imitate some violent scenes.
It can be seen that parents should not throw TV to their children at will, which is the most irresponsible behavior. Once children are addicted to TV and can’t extricate themselves, as parents, we will regret it. If you are interested in children’s home electric shock prevention knowledge, please go to this safety net to find relevant information.