The home is warm and happy, the baby adds laughter for the home, the home protects the wind and rain for the baby. For babies, home is their paradise. They are novel and active. They can’t wait to understand the world, but they don’t know that the world is full of danger, even the “home” is no exception. In this article, we will talk about the first aid knowledge when children get electric shock!
Emergency rescue for children with electric shock
Turn off the main power if possible. If you can’t turn off the main power supply, stand on an insulated object, such as a pile of dry newspapers, use a wooden stick that is not easy to conduct electricity, etc. to remove the wires or children. If you don’t have something suitable at the moment, you should use more dry cloth or newspapers to wrap your hands and catch your child’s clothes. Note: do not touch his skin. Before the child leaves the power supply, don’t hold the child with electric shock directly, so as not to get electric shock.
After the power is removed, check whether the child is conscious. If he is not conscious, check his breathing and start mouth to mouth artificial respiration immediately if necessary. If the carotid pulse disappears or the heartbeat cannot be heard, immediately give a heart massage. According to the size of children, artificial respiration can be 18-25 times per minute, and heart massage can be 80-100 times per minute. General artificial respiration 1 time, heart massage 4 times. When rescuing, we must be confident and persevere to the end, even on the way to the hospital.
Check his burn condition, check the two parts of the child’s body contacting the power supply and the ground. The burn area looks red, feverish and may swell. No matter what symptoms appear, it should be treated as severe burn.
What kind of situation needs to be rushed to the hospital for rescue?
The child is delirious or unconscious, even if only a few seconds is an emergency.
Any electrical burns. This kind of electric burn looks small, but the wound is very deep.
How to rescue children’s eye injury
After blunt and contusion of the eyes, different treatment should be made according to the location and condition of the injury: 1. When the contusion of the eyes and faces has no effect on the vision, if it is the early stage of redness and swelling, cold compress with cold water towel or ice block can be used to shrink the blood vessels around it, and hot compress can be used after 1-2 mouth, so as to promote the absorption of redness and swelling; at the same time, some antibiotics can be taken orally.
After blunt and contusion of the eyes, different treatment should be made according to the location and condition of the injury:
1. If the contusion of eyes and faces has no effect on vision, if it is the early stage of swelling, cold compress with cold water towel or ice to shrink the blood vessels around it. After 1-2 mouth, hot compress can be used to promote the absorption of swelling. At the same time, some antibiotics can be taken orally to promote the inflammation.
2. In case of conjunctival contusion, if there is only a small amount of bleeding, it can be absorbed by itself, and at the same time, antibiotic eyedrops should be applied locally; if the damage is serious and affects vision, it should be repaired by conjunctival mucosa transplantation in the hospital to prevent dangerous ball adhesion.
3. When the corneal epithelium is abraded, local ointment should be applied to cover the affected eyes, which can be healed in 24 hours generally; 50% glucose hypertonic solution can be used for corneal edema.
4. Iris and ciliary body contusion can be divided into several situations. When the pupil is dilated and deformed, black glasses can be used to avoid light. For patients with bleeding in the anterior chamber, their eyes should be covered. They should go to the hospital to have a rest in the semi recumbent position. If they have diplopia, they should go to the hospital for treatment immediately. Local antibiotics and hypotensive drugs should be used to prevent the occurrence of secondary glaucoma.
5. In case of orbital contusion, lens injury, retina and choroid contusion and optic nerve contusion, the patient’s eyes shall be immediately covered with sterile gauze and sent to the hospital for treatment.
Therefore, in addition to the knowledge of emergency treatment for electric shock, parents need to have a pair of eyes, find out the potential danger in advance, do a good job in prevention, ensure the safety of the baby at home, and let the baby grow up healthily and happily! If you have any questions about children’s home-based knowledge, such as electric shock prevention, please continue to pay attention to Baibai safety net children’s home-based electric shock prevention common sense column.