Recently, Xiaobian found a phenomenon that many babies have the habit of eating while watching TV at home. Some parents even turn on the TV when the baby eats in order to let the child eat honestly. This causes the baby to rely on TV very much, which makes many parents panic. So, in the face of children watching TV, how to effectively “fight” with him?
Disadvantages of children watching TV
Disadvantage 1: watching TV replaces children’s play, which is very important for children’s growth.
The second disadvantage: watching TV hinders children’s language development, because watching TV is one-way, and language learning needs to be realized through communication.
The third disadvantage: watching TV hinders the development of children’s imagination, because children are in passive indoctrination.
Disadvantage 4: watching TV limits children’s feeling experience. Only children with rich feeling experience can get better development.
Disadvantage 5: children who watch more TV don’t pay attention, which makes their future study more difficult.
Disadvantage 6: watching TV often leads to less activity, which reduces the children’s physical coordination ability.
Disadvantage 7: children who watch more TV are used to receiving information without thinking and are lazy to think and explore.
Disadvantage 8: children who watch more TV have poor interpersonal skills because they lack interactive experience between people.
Disadvantage 9: watching TV will be addictive. Children who watch more TV will be affected by the shopping consumption in TV and form bad consumption habits.
The difference between watching TV and reading
Scientists use experiments to illustrate the problem. They divided the children into two groups, one is to listen to the teacher tell the story of snow white, the other is to watch the cartoon of snow white. Then let the two groups of children draw their own snow white. The children who listened to the story painted Snow White differently, and the children would give Snow White different images, costumes and expressions according to their imagination. The children who saw the cartoons were all the same, because they saw the same thing. A few days later, the scientists asked the two groups of children to draw snow white again. The children who listened to the story drew different pictures this time, because they had a new imagination, and the children who had seen the cartoon drew the same picture last time.
What does this example tell us? Animation has modelled the characters in the story, which has constrained children’s thinking. Children’s watching cartoons is actually a form of listening to stories. If we want to protect children’s imagination, we should tell them stories instead of letting cartoons tell them stories.
Many parents think that watching TV can help children learn knowledge. Good TV programs can replace reading. First of all, analyze why children like watching TV. TV sets sound, light and shadow as a whole, with constantly changing pictures, rich and bright colors, beautiful and funny sounds These stimuli must be more attractive to children than books. However, just because TV provides all-round information, there is little space for people to imagine, so when children watch TV, it is a passive indoctrination, lacking of their own thinking and imagination.
Compared with watching TV and reading books, it is undoubtedly boring for children. Children who have the chance to watch cartoons will choose this kind of effortless form first. In the long run, the weight of reading will be less and less in their hearts, and it will be difficult to form the habit of loving reading, which is very unfavorable for their future study and development. Many education experts believe that: reading interest and reading habits need to lay a foundation in early education, otherwise, they will do half the work, or even work for nothing. And children’s infatuation with TV also came into being in the first few years of growing up.
Enrich children’s extracurricular life
Some parents say that we should accompany our children to watch TV for a limited time every day and choose excellent TV programs and cartoons. It’s hard to say that.
First of all, behind TV and animation is commercial interests. Even the best TV programs should be interspersed with many advertisements. The content quality of advertisements cannot be controlled. Research in the United States has found that children can see 40000 advertisements a year, among which there are many advertisements containing high calorie and greasy junk food, which constantly tempt children to buy. And even if we watch the program together, unless the parents watch it first, it’s hard to guarantee whether the content on the screen in the next minute is suitable for their children.
In addition, children in the pursuit of their favorite things, nature is very persistent. If the child is not satisfied with watching only half an hour of animation every day, it is difficult to ensure that the child does not watch if the parent is not at home or busy with other things. Moreover, even if there is a parent watching, the child may be “in the heart of the book on TV”, writing homework on the surface, thinking about the TV plot just watched or thinking about finishing the homework quickly to continue watching.
Therefore, if parents have the conditions to accompany their children to watch TV, it is better to devote their time and energy to helping their children put their extracurricular life on more colorful and meaningful things. If you want to expand your children’s knowledge and vision through watching TV, it’s better to read books and newspapers together with him, go to museums and exhibitions together, and go to nature observation and exploration together. Instead of letting children learn about the ecological environment of the Amazon River Basin from TV, let them raise a small animal by themselves to experience the food and habits of animals. Instead of letting children experience the sun, moon and stars on TV, let them feel the beautiful world around them in nature.
How to fight effectively
Jiang Peirong, who is known as “mother’s tutor”, explained in “competitiveness of the next generation”:
1. Limit the use of TV. When you really want to watch TV, carefully study and choose the program, and then watch it with your children. After watching it, analyze and discuss its content.
2. For young children, make sure that they understand that what they are watching is not real, and do not be confused with the reality.
3. Watch and discuss a TV advertisement together. Explain how the ad was designed, how it made you want to spend money on what it was promoting, and analyze who made the most of a toy or product when it was sold. Help your child develop insight when he or she chooses or watches TV programs (just as he or she chooses a book to read or a product to buy). Tell him to be a smart and judgmental consumer.
4. No longer regard watching TV as a reward or punishment. That only adds value to your child’s mind.
5. It is not allowed to watch TV during cooking or homework, unless the Internet or computer is necessary for your child to finish his homework.
6. Do all kinds of housework with your children instead of using TV as a baby sitter when you are doing your own work at home.
7. Read to each other and read to each other.
8. Spend time with people and play real games. A deck of cards is not only very convenient to carry around, but also provides a variety of playing methods and fun, unlimited time. Enjoy the outdoors. You can also chat, debate, and participate in discussions. Study a subject together. Learn interesting things together, whether it’s new instruments, new crafts, dancing, or sports. Learn to connect and resolve conflicts.
9. Give the children a quiet time every day, and do nothing in a short period of time, so as to train your children to deal with boredom, silence and other problems. This article is from the blog of potted milkshake
If possible, they can also go out with their children to increase their interest in going out. &Nbsp; if you are interested in children’s home electric shock prevention knowledge, please go to this safety net to find relevant information.