Many families have the situation that “children are not allowed to watch TV, but they always watch”. It seems that parents’ orders can only be effective in a short period of time. After a while, children will “go back to their old jobs”. So how can parents minimize the harm of children watching TV?
Even if children don’t watch TV directly, family members, especially mothers, also affect their language development. Infants and young children feel and learn language in emotional communication with their parents. If parents watch TV too long, they will reduce the direct communication and contact with their children, which will affect their language development.
Therefore, the society of Pediatrics suggests that children under 2 years old should not watch TV too much, turn off the TV during breastfeeding and eating, and do not put the TV in the room where the children live.
How to minimize the harm of TV?
There are many disadvantages in watching TV, but it is impossible not to watch TV at all. Therefore, under the existing conditions, we will give you some reasonable suggestions:
1. Eat more foods containing vitamin A.
2. Pay attention to the posture and distance of children watching TV. The distance between the eyes and the screen is generally 4-6 times the diagonal of the screen. The central position of the TV fluorescent screen should be slightly lower than or equal to the baby’s line of sight to avoid eye fatigue.
3. The brightness of the TV should be moderate. If the light is too bright, the pupil will shrink. If you turn off the light and watch TV, the contrast between the brightness of the fluorescent screen and the darkness around you will be too big, which is easy to damage your eyes. It is better to install an 8 watt electric lamp indoors, corresponding to the TV screen.
4. Control the volume of the TV. Children’s hearing organs are very sensitive. Hearing too much sound for a long time will reduce children’s hearing.
5. The remote control is in the hands of adults. Children before the age of 3 are better controlled to watch TV for no more than 15 minutes at a time. Firmly stop the baby eating while watching TV. Don’t set the time for watching TV after meals. If the baby is full and sits still, it will lead to obesity. Don’t watch TV before going to bed, so as not to stimulate your baby’s brain and make it difficult to fall asleep. Choose programs with strong knowledge and interest for babies, which are conducive to the cultivation of children’s healthy and upward personality, and put an end to TV programs that stimulate children’s nerves, make children frightened and have nightmares, such as murder, terror and martial arts.
6. Watch TV with your children. In the process of reading, inspire children to think, ask questions or answer their questions at any time. After that, ask the children questions about the content to improve their observation, attention and memory.
7. Understand that children don’t like TV as much as we think. The deep-seated reason for children’s excessive infatuation with TV is loneliness, lack of adult’s company and lack of beneficial activities to fill their young hungry and thirsty mind.
In fact, there is only one-way connection between children and TV. What they prefer is eye moving, hands-on, foot moving and imagination inspiring activities, such as reading, games, music, outdoor activities, etc.
The above is about how to minimize the harm of children watching TV. I hope that parents can have some enlightenment after watching. If you want to know more about children’s home electric shock prevention knowledge, this website has a lot of relevant knowledge for you to find, hope to help you