When bathing children, parents of any age can’t be careless. Carelessness may lead to serious consequences, so follow the methods below to bathe children in the right order.
I. before bathing
1. Choose a suitable bath time, preferably between 12:00 and 15:00 at noon, which is the warmest time of the day.
2. Let the baby solve the problem of defecation first, and try to take a bath half an hour before feeding to avoid vomiting.
3. Turn on Yuba or electric heater, and increase the indoor temperature as much as possible, with the temperature of about 26 ℃ ~ 28 ℃. What parents need to pay attention to is that the light of the bath bully is dazzling, so they should turn it off when bathing.
4. Get ready to change the clothes. Bake the clothes for a while before bathing to make them warm, dry and soft.
II. In bath
1. It’s better to separate shampoo and bath
When bathing and shampooing, you should pay attention to the warmth of your baby’s body. Don’t take off your underwear first, or wrap your body with a large towel. After washing your head, wrap a towel on your baby and then wash your body, so it’s not easy to get cold.
2. It is recommended to take a bath with proper water and temperature
When bathing, immerse the baby’s body in the water. The water volume accounts for about half of the bathtub. If you feel the water is cold, you should heat the water in time. Before heating the water, you must hold the baby away from the water injection area to avoid scalding. The water temperature depends on the temperature, generally maintained at 38 ℃ ~ 40 ℃.
3. Appropriate time
Take a bath in winter. Take a bath quickly. Don’t let your baby soak in water for a long time. Because the bubble time is too long, the skin is easy to dehydrate, which will aggravate the skin dryness. Generally, the bath time should be controlled at about 10 minutes.
III. After bathing
1. After washing, wrap the baby’s whole body with a large bath towel and absorb water. If you can, you’d better put the towel on the electric heater to warm up, so that the baby will feel safer and more comfortable, and finally help the baby put on the warm clothes in advance.
2. Apply moisturizing skin care products within 5 minutes after bath to prevent skin from drying and scurf.
3. After bathing, give the baby some warm water or milk to supplement the lost water.
The frequency of bathing in winter should be reduced, 2-3 times a week is the best. Too often, the skin is prone to itching, desquamation and damage. When the baby is vomiting, diarrhea, skin damage, after injection, shivering and fever for 48 hours, do not take a bath temporarily.
In autumn and winter, the baby should be careful before and after bathing. Here are some suggestions on how to bathe your baby and what you need to prepare to make bathing easier. If all goes well, bathing your baby will be the most enjoyable memory you have ever experienced with your baby. The common sense about what health habits children need to cultivate is still in the process of updating. Please continue to pay attention to this website!