Children are the future hope of parents, so parents often care more about their children than about themselves. Many parents in order to decorate their children’s bedrooms, in addition to a lot of efforts in decoration, but also put a lot of flowers, make the room full of fragrance. In fact, this is not good. So is it suitable to put flowers and plants in the nursery?

Flowers and plants should not be placed in the baby’s bedroom

First of all, the proportion of children who are allergic to flowers and plants (especially some pollens) is much higher than that of adults. The stems, leaves and flowers of flowers and plants such as Magnolia grandiflora, hydrangea, evergreen and Jasminum may induce skin allergy of infants and young children; while cacti, cactus, and bayberry are covered with spines, which are very easy to stab the delicate skin of infants and young children, and even cause skin and mucous membrane edema.

Secondly, the stems, leaves and flowers of some flowers and plants contain toxins. For example, the branches and leaves of evergreen plants contain certain toxins, which directly stimulate the oral mucosa after the entrance. In serious cases, it will cause congestion and edema of the laryngeal mucosa, leading to swallowing and even breathing difficulties. If eating oleander by mistake, infants will have vomiting, abdominal pain, coma and other acute poisoning symptoms. If the bulb of Narcissus is like fruit, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and other acute gastritis symptoms can occur after ingestion.

Thirdly, many flowers and plants, especially the famous flowers and different plants, will send out strong fragrance. It is possible to reduce the olfactory sensitivity and appetite of infants by keeping them in the fragrant environment for a long time.

Finally, it should be emphasized that, generally speaking, flowers and plants inhale oxygen at night while exhaling carbon dioxide, so indoor oxygen may be insufficient.

Special reminder: beware of mosquito repellent for babies

Parasite is a common disease that seriously endangers children’s health. Some parents rush to take anthelmintics when they find that their children often suffer from stomachache. In fact, this kind of disease often goes against their wishes. Take insect repellent or should choose the right time, so as to be conducive to children’s health.

As we all know, children with parasitic diseases are mainly infected by unconsciously eating some parasitic eggs (such as Ascaris eggs and pinworm eggs). Especially in summer, there are a large number of eggs in the stool of patients with Ascaris and other parasites. If the stool is discharged from the body, it will pollute the environment, and the eggs will stick to vegetables, fruits and soil.

People generally like to eat cold vegetables and fruits in summer. Because these things are not sterilized by high temperature, they have more chances to eat eggs than other seasons. Children’s fingers often touch some unclean things. Sometimes they take things to eat without washing their hands. The eggs will unconsciously enter the mouth and make them sick.

In autumn, these eggs become small insects and live in children after about 2 months of development. At this time, the effect of insect repellent is the best, because the climate is mild and the environment is pleasant. Ascaris and other parasites have the habit of “being safe when they meet the temperature”, and children are easy to tolerate and adapt to the adverse reactions caused by drugs when they are treated with insect repellent in autumn, and they are easy to recover health.

However, some plants are harmful to the body, especially the baby. So Xiaobian reminds you that you should learn about the indoor plants before choosing them. If you are interested in how to prevent children from knocking at home, please go to this safety net to find relevant information