Many novice parents don’t know how to bathe the newborn, but there are many things to pay attention to when bathing the baby. After all, the baby doesn’t know how to take care of itself. Now let’s talk about the new parents bathing for the baby, pay attention to seven aspects.
The following aspects should be paid attention to when bathing the baby:
1. The time should not be within 2 hours after feeding.
2. Before bathing, prepare bathing articles, such as large towel for wrapping, changing clothes, diapers, etc.; before the umbilical scab is removed, prepare disinfection cotton stick and 75% alcohol.
3. The room temperature should be kept at 23-26’c, and the water temperature should be kept at 37-40’c (the temperature can be tested inside the wrist, not cold or hot).
4. After taking off the clothes for the baby, wrap the baby’s body with a large towel, hold the baby, hold the head with the hand, and clamp the body under the armpit with the arm. First, wash your face with towel and water. Generally, you don’t need soap to wash your face. During shampoo, hold the baby’s head with one hand, press the baby’s ears forward with the thumb and middle finger to prevent water from entering the ears. Apply baby shampoo with the other hand, gently wipe it with rotating action, and then rinse it with clean water.
5. Take a bath with the big towel wrapped around the baby. Before the umbilical scab of the newborn falls off, do not put all the body of the newborn in the water to avoid wetting the umbilical part First wash the upper body and upper limbs, then the lower limbs, lower abdomen and buttocks. Soap should be put on the towel, and then wipe the baby with the towel.
6. After the bath, put the baby on a large towel and dry the whole body gently. Apply a little talcum powder to the neck, armpit and thigh root. Wipe the navel with a disinfectant cotton swab dipped in 75% alcohol and put on clothes.
7. The bath time for each baby should not be too long, generally 5 minutes is enough.
When bathing your baby for the first time, you may be in a hurry. Don’t be discouraged. After practice makes perfect, you can enjoy bathing your baby.
Learn these, let you fully enjoy the intimate time of taking care of the new baby! If you want to learn more about the health habits children need to cultivate online, you can go to Baibai safety net to check and read. One more knowledge is more care for the baby.