Summer is coming soon, because of the baby’s natural love of movement, sweating, sweat adhere to the skin, easy to hide dirt, not timely cleaning will cause skin diseases, and affect metabolism. So baomamas often bathe their babies. Bathing the baby can clean the skin, promote metabolism, and maintain temperature regulation. However, in summer, how to bathe your baby?
Take care of safety in bathing
Even for a while, never leave your baby unattended. If the doorbell or the phone rings, surround him with a towel if you think it’s necessary.
Never put your baby in a tub that still has water running (the water temperature can change or the water in the tub will get too deep).
Turning your water temperature to about 40 degrees Celsius can cause serious burns to a baby if you stay in 60 degrees Celsius water for less than a minute.
Never leave your children alone. In less than 60 seconds, a child drowns in less than three centimeters of water.
How to bathe your baby
● take all necessary bath supplies and spread out a towel, a clean diaper and a suit of clothes;
● the most suitable water depth in the basin is 6-9cm, about 32 ℃, warm but not hot;
● take your baby to the bathroom and take off his clothes (trick: if your baby cries every time he bathes, first leave the diaper on him, it can give the baby an extra sense of security in the water);
● start with your feet and gradually slide your baby into the tub, using one hand to support his neck and head. When bathing, regularly pour a full cup of bath water on him, so as not to make him feel too cold;
● use mild soap, pay attention not to use it too often, too much use will make the baby’s skin dry. Use your hands and towels to thoroughly clean your baby’s body. Clean your baby’s scalp with a wet, soapy towel.
Clean his eyes and face with a wet cotton ball (no soap). If your baby has dried mucus in the corner of his nostrils or eyes, moisten it several times before you wipe it off. As for the baby’s genitals, it is necessary for daily care;
● rinse your baby thoroughly, cup by cup, and dry him with a clean towel from head to foot. Then lift him out of the bath with one hand supporting his neck and head and the other hand supporting his bottom wrapped around his leg (the baby’s skin becomes smooth when exposed to water);
● wrap your baby in a BB bathrobe and gently pat dry. If his skin is still peeling since his birth, you can use a mild baby lotion after bathing, but these dead skin will generally fall off by itself, not belong to dry skin. Then change him into a diaper and kiss him on the head.
The above is a little knowledge about how to bathe your baby safely in summer. Parents should know more about what to pay attention to when bathing their baby, and hope it can help new parents. If you have any questions about children’s health habits and other home-based knowledge, please continue to pay attention to Baibai safety net children’s personal health and safety common sense column.