With the coming of winter vacation, children’s safety has once again become the focus of social attention. Many parents lock their children at home because of their busy work, thinking it’s safe. As we all know, about 40% of children’s accidental injuries happen at home, especially electric shock. The common sense of preventing electric shock for children is here. Learn it quickly!

I. electricity is dangerous for children

The shock intensity may be small, with no long-term effect, but it can also lead to serious consequences. An electric current, if powerful enough, enters a part of the body and all the cells are in contact. Numbness, skin burn, hearing loss, severe headache, muscle contraction and pain are common side effects of electric shock. Severe shocks can cause your child to stop breathing, become unconscious, have seizures, cause cardiac arrest, damage their organs, or die.

If your child gets an electric shock, don’t touch them with your hands, or you will get an electric shock. Instead, you should unplug the wires or turn off the circuit breaker immediately. If this is not possible, you need to remove your child’s electrified objects, use an object that is not metal, such as wood or plastic, and remove the child.

Once your child is safely away from the current, you want to make sure they are still breathing. If not, you should perform CPR and call 911 immediately. You’ll also want to check for burns. Even if the burning surfaces don’t look bad, they can be very deep. If your child is in any form of burn shock, do not use any ointment or ice on the child. It won’t help, it will only make things worse. In addition, the doctor will need a clear view of the burn area. In addition, if there are other complications, immediately take them to the emergency room or call 911. If the range of burns is very small, it’s enough to call your pediatrician instead of the emergency room.

II. What to do if the child is electrocuted

In the process of children’s growth, there are often many accidents. Parents should master some common sense of first aid so that children can get out of danger in time. For example, when a child gets an electric shock, how to give first aid? If the child gets an electric shock, the child should be separated from the power supply as soon as possible. The longer the power supply acts on the human body, the more serious the consequences will be. The electric wire can be separated by insulating tools such as dry wooden rod and bamboo rod. If there is no wooden rod nearby, dry rope can be used. The clothes can be twisted into a belt to cover the person who is shocked by the electric shock, and then it can be pulled out.

3. In order to help children avoid electric shock, you may want to remember the following suggestions.

1. Put large and bulky furniture in front of the power outlet.

2. Don’t let children play outside in a thunderstorm.

3. Cover the power socket with something.

4. Don’t let your child use any electrical appliances by himself.

5. Keep the wires out of the reach of children.

6. Keep away from fallen wires.

7. Unplug all unused electrical appliances when they are not in use.

Spring Festival is coming soon. The safety of the baby is the greatest wish of parents. Parents should learn these common sense quickly to ensure the safety of the baby is always the most important thing. If you want to know more about children’s home electric shock prevention, you can go to Baibai safety net to search!