Do you know? Children’s dependence on TV is mainly due to their parents’ neglect of this aspect of education. Some parents are impatient with their children. They regard TV as a nanny and throw it to their children when they are busy. However, do you know that TV affects their children’s imagination. Let’s have a look!
TV closes the door of children’s imagination
Imagination is infinite, as long as parents are willing to spend time and patience to guide and encourage them, their ability can play an unexpected realm. People often ignore “their own treasure” because of the temptation of external sound and color stimulation. With TV, the child seems to be unable to play. At home, he will watch the TV and passively accept the messages instilled by others. Once there is no TV, he is at a loss how to spend his time. Passive used to, active mechanism rusted, want to move also can’t move. The biggest disadvantage of an image is that it limits your imagination. Film and television transmit the imagination of the director. Its entry will lock up its imagination and prevent it from playing. When the wife of Kenzaburo Oe, the winner of the Nobel Prize for literature in Japan, was sick and bored in bed, her mother read the novel to her over and over again, which increased her imagination, and later became a famous creative illustrator. He said that if there were a TV in Japan at that time, he would not have become a creative artist. There is a preconceived phenomenon in psychology. Once the heart image is formed, it is difficult to break away from the original pattern, which is why children’s imagination is better than adults. This is because children’s mind has not so many restrictions, can develop at will. Adults do things clearly, and the rapid cost is actually the loss of creativity and association.
Imagination is the source of creativity. For example, the best opportunity to cultivate creativity is for the whole family to tell stories together or for parents and children to read together. There are many different ways to play the same thing, as long as you are willing to spend your mind to think about it; the same environment is also, when you are tired of seeing this environment, you may as well look at it from another angle, and its landscape is completely different immediately.
What should parents do?
“The best way to entertain is in your brain,” says Gary Carson, one of America’s most creative cartoonists There are at least 25 good ideas for TV to stand by and make the family happy and full.
1. Play the tickle game, fight with the baby, and roll with laughter.
2. Blow off the dust on the chessboard and play a game of flying chess or strong hand chess.
3. Let the baby use all the sofa cushions to build a fortress, climb around, and play a fake shooting fight with you.
4. Reading (dangerous attempt, because the baby may be addicted). Take your baby to the library, borrow some books for him, read to him, until your voice breaks down.
5. Teach your children some of your skills, such as knitting, origami, necktie, playing with some equipment, and spend time learning skills.
6. Take a class together. Think about it. Is there something you and your kids want to learn?
7. Eat some hot hearts and go skating.
8. Visit museums or urban history exhibition halls.
9. There are many kinds of audiobooks, nursery rhymes, storytelling and crosstalk.
10. Write a home letter, not by email, but by pen and paper. If the baby is too young to write, let them draw a picture on the letter, paint a crow, and then let him dictate you to write. Grandparents, grandfathers and those distant friends will be deeply moved by this.
11. Prepare some beautiful and interesting costumes for children to dress up and play games. It may be troublesome at first, but soon you will be surprised to find that children will soon catch up with the rhythm and have new and strange ideas.
12. There is a family dance in the living room.
13. Teach children all the card games you know. If you don’t remember them, you can invent them yourself.
14. Bake and eat. Even very young babies can participate in making simple cakes.
Follow the recipe and cook dinner together.
16. Make friends. Organize family gatherings with relatives, neighbors, friends, colleagues, or children in kindergarten.
17. Plant or raise small animals. There are a lot of books to teach you about this. Buy one and start working with your baby.
18. Help others – do something for others. In an afternoon originally used to watch TV series, take the children to send old toys to the children of the welfare home, or go to the community to serve the people in need.
19. Solve the small troubles at home, dredge the water pipes and sew the torn pants. Turning off the TV gives you time to do ordinary things that are usually overlooked. You can ask your child to hand you tools, or organize his own things.
20. Relax. Sit around and look at the sky, and experience the reverie when occupied by TV with children.
21. Watching performances – drama, dance, concert, guiding children to show their passion, which is different from watching videos on the screen.
22. Go out to play, even if it’s freezing outside. Run, jump, snowman, sled (if the snow is thick enough).
23. Take photos and make scrapbooks or albums together. Children like to see pictures of their younger age, and they can beautify the album with you, making it a family treasure.
24. Take the baby’s hand for a walk in the night to see the night scene of the community and the stars.
25. Laugh and talk. Adults and children share with each other. Watching TV means not really facing your family, and once you have more influence on each other, you will find each other more lovely and outstanding.
Therefore, parents should be wary of TV closing the door of children’s imagination, please close it! If you want to know more about electric shock prevention for children at home, please continue to pay attention to the recent update of Baibai safety net.