Many of the friends around me have been promoted from two people’s world to a family of three. Although they have the excitement of being parents for the first time, they are sometimes afraid of their own carelessness, which makes their delicate baby suffer. So what’s wrong with baby bathing?
Which conditions are not suitable for bathing
1. Do not take a bath for the time being after the injection. After the baby has been vaccinated, there will be a pinhole on the skin that is difficult to see by the naked eye temporarily. At this time, bathing is easy to contaminate the pinhole.
2. Do not take a bath temporarily in case of frequent vomiting and diarrhea. When bathing, it is inevitable to move the baby, which will aggravate vomiting and cause aspiration of vomitus when not paying attention.
3. It is not recommended to take a bath within 48 hours of fever or fever regression. Taking a bath for a feverish baby can easily make the baby shiver and even convulse; improper bathing can sometimes close the pores of the skin and lead to a higher body temperature, sometimes make the whole body’s skin capillaries expand and congest, resulting in the lack of blood supply to the main organs of the baby’s body. In addition, the resistance of the baby after fever is very poor, and it is easy for the baby to take a bath immediately to suffer from wind cold, which causes fever again. Therefore, it is suggested that the baby should take a bath 48 hours after the fever subsides.
4. It is not suitable to take a bath when the baby has skin damage. Baby skin damage, such as pustules, boils, scalds, trauma, etc., at this time should not take a bath. Because the damaged part of the skin will have wound, bathing will make the wound spread or be polluted.
5. Do not take a bath immediately after feeding. Bathing immediately after feeding will make more blood flow to the expanded epidermal blood vessels stimulated by hot water, while the blood supply to the abdominal cavity will be relatively reduced, which will affect the digestive function of the baby. Secondly, because the baby’s stomach is dilated after feeding, taking a bath immediately is also easy to cause vomiting. So bathing should usually be done 1-2 hours after feeding.
6. Low weight children should take a bath carefully. Low birth weight babies usually refer to babies whose birth weight is less than 2500 grams. Most of these babies are premature. Due to immature development, low living ability, thin subcutaneous fat and poor thermoregulation, they are prone to temperature fluctuations due to changes in ambient temperature. So for this kind of special baby to be careful to decide whether to give a bath.
In addition to the baby’s own factors, it should also be limited by the surrounding environment. When bathing the baby, the ambient temperature should be 26-28 ℃, and the water temperature should be 40-42 ℃.
Conclusion: parents should pay attention to the baby’s bath. In the process of bathing, they should give the baby more emotional experience and share the good time with the baby. If you are interested in children’s health habits, please go to this safety net for relevant information.